What is the difference between Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine?
Internal Medicine physicians are dedicated to learning how to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases that affect adults.
Geriatric Medicine practitioners are Internal Medicine & Family Medicine Providers with additional certification/ specialty training focusing on the complex needs of our aging population. This includes adults age 60 and above.
Common conditions our Providers Treat:
- Chronic Disease Management including but not limited to Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Respiratory Conditions, Blood Disorders, Bladder and Bowel Conditions, etc
- Acute Infections/Acute Care Treatment
- Health Maintenance/Preventive Care
Our Providers assess patients at our outpatient clinics, area nursing homes, and assisted living facilities.
We strive to offer a continuum of care from home to long term care facilities such as nursing homes, rehab centers, and assisted living facilities. Our Providers are available for Consult and Primary Care services in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics, and Long Term Care.
Currently the practice offers services at the following facilities:
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- Golden Living Nursing Home
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Carriage Hill Nursing Home
- Woodmont Nursing Home
- Heritage Hall Nursing Home
- Falls Run Nursing Home
- Chancellor's Village